Handmade Decorative Spheres
Every time I've seen such spheres in restaurants, cafes, stores, shopping malls, I thought how unusual and beautiful they are and how they can create a charming and airy atmosphere in any interior. Then I came up with the idea to try to make similar decoration elements with my own hands. Of course, nowadays, thanks to the Internet and different magazines, you can find a bunch of ideas and methods even of making a lamp in such a way and much more. But I would like to share with you a basic example of making a decorative sphere out of yarn.
We need: a balloon, a container, scissors, a cotton yarn, PVA glue, 0.5 cup of cornstarch, 1/4 cup of warm water, petroleum jelly, paint spray (which dries quickly), a shoe lace or a fishing line, a stick.
Now let's begin with the process:
1) Inflate the balloon. If you prefer a round shape of the ball, do not inflate the balloon completely.
2) Fix the stick, on which the balls will hang and dry (for example, put two chairs and place a stick on them). In order to not blur the floor, put a cellophane under this construction.
3) Now you have to make a paste: mix the glue, the cornstratch and some water in the container. It's better to add the water gradually, stirring the mixture well - then it will be smooth.
4) Apply some petroleum jelly on the balloon with a thin layer. Soak the yarn in the the previously prepared mixture (in Step 3) and then wind it around the balloon, alternately turning it horizontally, then vertically.
5) Now hang the balloon with the fishing line (or shoe lace) on a stick and leave it to dry for 24 hours.
6) Take the dried sphere, pierce balloons inside and pull it out. Now you can paint the sphere with a quick-drying paint spray (better to do it on the street).
That's all! Be creative and do not be afraid to try something new!)