Floor cushion in the form of pyramid will suit any occasion! It looks nice inside the apartment, inside big home, in the garden and on the balcony! As a handmade thing for interior it will be even more beautiful because you can make it such as you want to! You will be amazed how easy it is to sew such a pillow!
Such handmade floor cushion consists of equilateral triangles! And the filler for it can be ordinary polystyrene in the form of small white balls! It is flexible, it takes any form of the pillow, it is soft and light, what is also important!
So let’s start our work! Prepare all the necessary materials for sewing this "piece of furniture":
Fabric, preferably a thick upholstery. If you want to sew a pillow pyramid form of large size (with sides 117 cm), then you will need a piece of upholstery fabric 240x120cm; If you decide to make a small pillow, with sides 87 cm, then the piece of upholstery should be 180x90 cm.
Polystyrene is granular as a universal filler (for a pillow of medium size will be enough only 3 kg of this filler);
Needle with thread;
Ruler and chalk.
Step-by-step instruction for the manufacture of the floor cushion handmade.
When all the materials and tools are in front of you, we can safely get down to work.
1. We begin by marking the sides of our pillow. To do this, fold the upholstery fabric in half and use the chalk to mark the center point, which will be just on the fold line of the fabric.
2. In order to chart two more "reference points", we need to expand this tissue differently, wrapping the sides so that their edges meet at the already marked point in the center of the tissue. We mark these points with chalk, but only on the opposite side of the fabric.
3. Transfer all points and designations according to the pattern on the fabric, this is very important for the next steps.
4. And now, VERY CAREFULLY proceed to sewing our pillow: combine and chop the pins A and A1 from the inside out so that there are no distortions and spread out with dense silk threads. For safety, lay another line, to give greater strength to the product. At the same time, from the edge of the fabric, we should retreat 1.5 cm. To prevent the cloth from tearing at the edges, they can be processed with an overlock, or use the "zigzag" function that all modern sewing machines are equipped with.
Next we will be interested in parties B and B1. Which we also need to accurately combine and flash it on the other. And now, VERY CAREFULLY connect the whole side of B and a half of the side of B1 - it is very important not to confuse anything now.
5. We twist our blank of the pillow.
6. Inadvertently stuff the sewn case from fabric with granular polystyrene.
7. We have left one non-sewn side of the pillow, which falls just on the sides of B2 and half of the side of B1. Fold the edges of these sides, cut side inwards and sew with secret stitches. Our "pyramid" is ready for use!