Handmade balloons from paper are beautiful and creative crafts which can be useful everywhere. You can decorate your room, party, wedding, anything. And what's even more important - you can create it with your kids. Handmade stuff made with kids - it's always a good idea!
In this post, you will learn how to make a papier-mache balloon handmade. The child will receive a big amount of emotions and impressions from this process, and then will be able to play independently with the finished craft.
For making balloons handmade you will need:
- a balloon;
- hand cream;
- a box of tea in bags;
- colored paper;
- PVA glue;
- brush for glue;
- container with water;
- gouache paints;
- brush for paints;
- wire or thread.
Stages of work on crafting a handmade balloon:
1. Take a newspaper or you can use any paper, just not thick. Tear it into pieces, which are then moistened in containers with water.
2. Take a balloon of any color. Inflate it and lubricate it with a hand cream.
3. On the layer of cream, spread your moistened pieces of newspaper. Do this without glue and on the entire surface of the ball so that there are no gaps. Leave a small area in the tail of the ball without glue.
4. Now cover the entire ball with glue and spread the next layer of paper. Repeat this process 3 or 4 times.
5. Let the ball dry, preferably at a heat source. This will take about two hours.
6. While the drying process is in progress, make the baskets of your balloon. To do this, take a box of tea, cut off its lid and paste over the entire surface with colored paper. If desired, the inside of the box can also be glued or painted over.
7. When our ball is completely dry (all layers of paper should be dense), primer it with a mixture of gouache with glue. Let the child choose himself, what color the ball will be :)
8. After that, gently pierce the ball.
9. The ball can be painted, like a real balloon - with colored stripes or you can leave it monophonic.
10. Now attach the basket to the ball. That's all.
Such a creative work can be hung on a chandelier or on the cornice in the kids room, and if there are trees in the courtyard and in the yard, you can make a whole parade of balloons of all kinds of colors and sizes.