How To Make Scented Candles
I will try to give you short and clear instruction for production of scented candles.
The following is required to you:
- wax or paraffin;
- essential oils;
- glass jars;
- ware for wax melting;
- thin wooden stick;
- a nut for deduction of a cord.
1. Wash and dry capacities in which you are going to fill in candles. It can be small glass jars, tall glasses of a different form, ceramic or porcelain cups.
2. Lay a working surface paper for pastries. As wax will be soft, it can stick to a table, and it will be rather difficult to clean it.
3. Break a piece of wax or an old candle into small pieces – so they will quicker melt.
4. Now you need to prepare a match for a candle – to make "priming". Thanks to it the match will coincide on color with a candle, burn more slowly, and it will be easier to be established. So, for a start it is necessary to kindle wax! Pour a small amount of small pieces of wax or paraffin into a bowl and put it on a water bath. When wax is kindled, put a match of length necessary to you there for 20-30 seconds. Then get from a bowl by means of tweezers and put on paper for pastries. Straighten a match, level it and take for a drive a little on a table as though you make a sausage of plasticine. Leave to dry for about 10 minutes.
5. After the match dries, pass it through a nut which will help to hold his lower end at the bottom of a candle. It can be found or in shops for needlework, or to borrow from tea candles.
6. Again warm wax, add the remained pieces there and kindle. Then add several drops of favorite essential oil. It is possible to make mono smells, and it is possible to try mixes. For example, several drops of cedar oil, couple of drops eucalyptus and three drops of citrus essential oil. Well stir wax with a wooden shovel.
7. Remove wax from fire. Cast about 1/4 waxes in heat resisting ware.
8. Fill in a little of wax in the prepared candlesticks, watching at the same time that the match was in the middle all the time. Leave to stiffen for about 20-25 minutes. It will help to hold a match in the middle when the candle is filled in up to the end.
9. Warm the remained wax, pour it in heat resisting ware and fill in candles up to the end.
10. Accurately wind on a wooden stick the remained match top so that the tension was not really strong. Otherwise you can pull out a nut from a bottom and it is necessary to remake everything anew. Fix a match on a stick and put it on edges of a candlestick so that the match remained in the center of the candle.
11. When the candle completely cools down, cut off a match so that over a surface there was a small tail about 5 mm long.