How To Make Stick Concealer
You can buy cosmetic concealer at a shop, but it’s much cheaper to do it yourself. This kind of cosmetics has the same effect as the foundation, but concealer is more dense and conceals well under-eye circles and pimples. Using few ingredients you can prepare homemade concealer, which will cost you less than a store-bought one and will perfectly match the colour of your skin.
You will need:
- clean shiny mica;
- creamy foundation;
- electric mixer;
- mortar and pestle.
1. Buy all the necessary ingredients. If you have a dark complexion, buy bronze mica, and if you have a fair complexion, you'll need beige mica. The mica colors the concealer, so you will have to select the necessary amount of mica to have the right color. Mica is a silicate mineral, commonly used for manufacturing of electronic capacitors and special high temperature resistant glass. Mica is usually found in granite and other stones in a form of tiny flakes, or in the form of crystals. Creamy foundation should be sufficiently thick to perform the role of the concealer. For this purpose perfectly fit cheap creams for eye area.
2. Using a mortar and pestle rub mica to powder. Make sure that there are no large particles left. Mica should turn into a very fine powder. Fine consistency is the most important factor in the quality of the product, so take your time to carefully rub your mica.
3. Put the creamy foundation into a bowl. No matter how much concealer you would like to make, take two parts of the creamy foundation and one part of the mica powder. In case if your skin is very fair, you will need less mica. Pour mica powder in the same bowl.
4. Using an electric mixer, stir the cream foundation and the mica powder, be careful not let the powder fly apart. This process takes about 5 minutes, but if the consistency of the concealer is still not quite smooth, continue to stir. This is the final form of the concealer, so make sure that the color matches your skin complexion.
5. Check the concealer’s color on the back of your hand. Apply a little concealer on the skin and blend well. Concealer should be almost invisible and perfectly blend with the skin. If the concealer is too light, add more mica. If it is too dark, add more creamy foundation.
6. When finished, use a spatula scoop to put the concealer in a glass container. Keep the concealer tightly closed in a dry and cool place.