How To Make Modeling Clay
Modeling clay can be found in every children's shop, and its cost is not always reasonable. Moreover, the most part of the weight offered today has property to dry up in a month of use and it is necessary to buy a new set. And it is not known what exactly it consists of, what dye is used and whether really the product is safe for a child.
- 1 glass of a flour;
- 1 glass of warm water;
- 2 teaspoons of a wine stone (Cream of Tartar) or 2 tablespoons of alum;
- 1 teaspoon of the vegetable refined oil;
- 1/4 glasses of salt;
- food dyes;
- jars with covers for storage of a clay mass.
Production Of A Clay In House Conditions
1. Mix all ingredients (except food dyes) in a pan.
2. Put a pan on average fire and stir mix before receiving homogeneous mass.
3. Continue to stir slowly continuously until dough thickens (about 1 - 2 minutes), then remove from fire.
4. When dough cools down, knead it before receiving homogeneous mass.
5. Create a sphere.
6. Divide a sphere into so many parts, how many flowers you want to make (optimum quantity for one portion is four colors).
7. Add food dye to each part (I used gel food dye of four primary colors).
8. Well knead clay mass till uniform color. Not to soil a table-top, spread a wax paper or put dough in a dense package and let the kid knead too, let him take part in process of preparation of house modeling clay.
9. From ready weight create a ball and place in the container for storage. If the suitable jar was not found, it is possible to store home-made clay, having wrapped it in a wax paper or a polyethylene film.
10. At appropriate tight storage homemade clay weight can remain soft within a month and more.