How to Make a Yarn Chandelier
This chandelier is super inexpensive and easy to make and is perfect for adding color and texture to party or event décor or your house. Moreover, it’s yarn! What can be simpler, but more astonoshing at the same time?
What to get:
Hot glue gun + glue sticks
What to do:
1. Take the end of each yarn color.
2. Add a drop of hot glue of the proper width for the strips of yarn lined up next to each other on the embroidery hoop.
3. Place the yarn on the glue. Press a little.
4. Cut up the end of the yarn to length you think to be right.
5. Repeat steps 1-4. The whole hoop should be covered with yarn.
6. Cut the short ends of the yarn pieces around the top of your chandelier.
7. Tie two pieces of yarn across the embroidery hoop in a cross. Then tie a piece of yarn in the center of the cross. This is what you need to hang the chandelier.
8. Add some decoration. Place a strip of washi tape across the outside of the embroidery hoop and fix its end with glue.
Done! What an awesome handicraft! Where are you going to hang this beautiful thing on? Share your ideas in comments!
Pics by Nicole Stevenson