How To Make A Lei
Leis are the main accessory at weddings, birthdays and parties in Hawaiian style. It can be done out of any material: candy wrappers, flowers, paper, and even colored napkins. Your guests are sure to like DIY Hawaiian leis. In this tutorial, you will learn how to make Hawaiian lei out of crepe paper.
You will need:
- crepe paper of bright colors;
- flower template;
- cardboard sheet;
- silk thread.
1. Before making Hawaiian lei, make a cardboard template in a form of a flower. You can use the templates below.
2. To save the time, fold the crepe paper few times. By the way, your child can do it easily, so don’t deprive him of the pleasure of making Hawaiian leis for the party.
3. You can use napkins instead crepe paper. Hawaiian lei made out of napkins will look even better, if you cut out squares, instead of flowers. They will look “puffy” spreading on the tread.
4. To finish your lei, string paper flowers on a silk thread, passing the needle through the center, then spread your flowers to give them a 3D look. Tie the ends of the lei, and our Hawaiian paper flower necklace is finished!