How To Make A Dress
Before we begin manufacturing this stunning dress, let's try to figure out all the details of its creation. This is a wiggle bodycon backless deep V-neck strap cross back dress. The process of creating sewing pattern is very simple, but it requires special care and patience, because you will have to make separate patterns for every part of your dress. The offered sewing pattern is based on the sewing pattern of the dress’s base using Italian technology.
Bodycon cut of the dress will require special attention. To make sure that your dress is enough bodycon, add no extra fabric. There is one tip: when your dress is finished, you can fit it sewing all extra fabric to lateral seams. We offer you the most important steps of manufacturing a dress of this type. Using them you can work out your own plan of making this dress.
1. First, you must specify the length of your garment.
2. We’ll begin with the first half. The neckline shouldn’t be deeper than 19 cm (7.5 inches). Otherwise, you will look very extravagant.
3. You should make an allowance of 8 cm (3 inches) up the middle of the chest for breast lifting. Then connect the neckline and the lift, according to your taste.
4. Then we need to decide on the straps’ width. For this purpose, measure 4 cm (1.5 inches) from the highest point of the shoulder down the bottom of the dress and make a mark.
5. Next, measure 3 cm (1.1 inch) from the lower point of the armhole down the bottom of the dress and make a mark. Then measure 4 cm (1.5 inches) of the straps width and make a mark.
6. Once all marks are made, connect them and transfer the bust dart to the side seam. Once the straps’ line is traced, we will open them again.
7. When we have separated straps from our garment, we should close the dart.
8. Sew remaining part of the dart in a princess seam.
9. Cut 1 cm (0.4 inch) off the bottom edge of the dress. We’ve completed the front side.
Now we proceed to the back of our garment.
1. First you need to select the width of the straps. For this purpose, measure 4 cm (1.5 inches) from the highest point of the shoulder down the bottom of the dress and make a mark.
2. For a backless design, leave 4 cm (1.5 inches) on the back center line, then join it with the waist dart, and the second part-from the waist dart to the straps’ width on the side seam.
3. Cut 1 cm (0.4 inch) off the bottom edge of the dress. We’ve completed the front side.
4. Finally, join the straps in the criss-cross motion.