It is nice and creative way to give your home even more of New Year spirit! You can do it yourself, here we’ll tell you how to make step by step a gingerbread house.
Water: 1.5 cups
Sugar: 4.5 cups
Wheat Flour: 1.8 kg
Powdered sugar: 2 cups
Salt: ½ teaspoon
Powdered cinnamon: ½ teaspoon
Soda: 2 teaspoons
Walnut nutmeg: ½ teaspoon
Cardamom: ½ teaspoon
Ground ginger: ½ teaspoon
1. Two cups of sugar burn through without water in a deep frying pan over low heat until it gets brown. Add small portions pour 1.5 cups of boiling water and dissolve burnt sugar. Add 2 more cups of sugar and carefully dissolve them. Add 400 grams of margarine. Pour the ground in a large pot add 3 eggs and 5 egg yolks, mix well with a fork. Then put into a mixture of 0.5 teaspoons of salt and a mixture of ground spices - cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cardamom, and 2 teaspoons of baking soda. Then gradually add the flour (about 1.8 kg). The result should stand in a cool place to mature for about a day (if you're in a hurry, let it stand for 1-1.5 hours at room temperature, and then put it on for 20-30 minutes in the freezer).
2. Draw and cut out the paper template for the future house (you must be very accurately with calculating the dimensions).
3. Roll out the dough thickness of 3-4 mm. Apply the paper template and cut along the contours of house’s parts. Cut places for windows and doors. Fill holes for windows with broken candy sweets.
4. Bake details at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes, let them cool. Candies in window holes will melt and form a so-called glass windows of the future house.
5. When all
the details are completely ready, cook the sugar syrup (caramel). 100
grams of sugar, 2 tablespoons of water and a pinch of citric acid put in an
iron bowl or saucepan on low heat. Bring it to full dissolution. In
another hot icing lower house edge detail and immediately glue.
6. Decorate house with your kid! You can use candies, mermaids, confectionery decorations. For a more detailed drawing of patterns, you can use a confectionery syringe.