Tulips are spring flowers that are often associated with International Women’s Day. Natural flowers are wonderful, but paper flowers are more durable. Also, it is better to gift something DIY to your mother or granny on March the 8th, instead of buying a gift in a store. In this article we will cover the classic origami tulip. Many mothers may remember how they used to make such tulips when they were attending school. Here you will find a detailed origami instruction with commentaries.
Origami tulip. Origami paper tulip.
To make an origami tulip, you will need a square sheet of paper. It is recommended to use double-sided colour paper.
1. Fold the paper in half horizontally, unfold the paper. Now fold it once again in half vertically and unfold the paper. You have made the centre creases.
2. Now fold the paper in half diagonally to mark creases. To make your tulip beautiful, mind the corners so that they would be placed precisely and creases would be clear and exact.
3. Then you are to join together the top and bottom sides of the square (they are marked with red dots) and fold inwards right and left sides simultaneously.
As a result, you should have a triangle with pockets inside it that looks like this.
4. Keep on making an origami paper tulip. Lift up the lower corners of the upper layer to the triangle top.
Do the same on the other side. You should get a diamond with a ‘cut’ in the centre on each side.
5. Get to the next stage of making an origami paper tulip. Turn the right side of the diamond to the left as if you were turning a page. Flip it over and do the same on the other side. You will get a diamond with a pocket in the middle.
6. Now work with the upper layer only. You are to fold down the left corner of the diamond, overlapping the central line slightly. Then do the same to the right corner.
7. Now open the right corner and put it into the left one.
Flip the paper over and do the same on the other side.
8. There isn’t much left to do to make an origami paper tulip. First, unbend 4 petals.
Second, find a small hole at the bottom of the tulip and blow into it to shape the flower.
Origami paper tulip is ready! Now you know how to have an origami tulip.