Origami heart is one of the most popular origami. If you don't know how to make an origami heart, on this page you will find a detailed tutorial showing how to make this easy paper craft.
On the first photo you can see what you’ll get if you follow all the steps below. The second photo was sent to us by our website’s follower. To make this heart he followed all the assembly steps. This is the heart can make a gift for the Valentine's Day.
Below you can see the assembly diagram made by the famous Japanese origami master Fumiaki Shingu. If you follow all the instructions, the assembly of your origami heart will not take you a lot of time, and the result will be the same as that on the photo. After assembling few hearts following the diagram, you will learn to do it quickly without consulting the scheme.
- Fold the square sheet of paper diagonally connecting the opposite corners. Unfold.
- Fold one corner of the square to the center of the paper.
- Fold the opposite corner of the square to the center of the short straight crease at the top of the paper.
- Locate the center of the resulting long straight crease and fold resulting shapes, as shown on the picture 4.
- Fold all the sharp corners of the resulting heart down for a rounder edge.
- The origami heart is finished.