To turn an ordinary piece of felt into a «strawberry» you need the following materials and tools:
As you can see, there’s nothing difficult about it.
When the pattern is ready, you can begin!
1. Match the pattern with the fiber: a semicircle (the strawberry)
with the red felt, and the bract star with the green. Pin them and cut them out using the sharp scissors:
2. Fold the red detail in half and sew the side going from the acute angle with the blanket stitch.
3. The «strawberry» is ready to be padded:
Pad the «strawberry» hardly.
4. Take the needle with a red thread and sew the top of the
strawberry with the blanket stitch. Then constrict it to close the hole and tie a tight knot:
5. Take the beads and the needle. Sew the beads to the «strawberry» imitating the seeds:
6. You have two details now:
Glue the top of the strawberry.
7. To make the bract be close to the berry pin the two details along the splice:
8. Repeat the steps as many times as many strawberries you require! You can put them into a handmade basket or make a garland of them.
You can also make other fruits and vegetables like this and place them around your house, or make some compositions of them.