How To Make Liquid Laundry Detergent
Liquid laundry detergents are very handy in use, but they are quite expensive. However, you can make them at home on your own. You will find the ingredients in hardware stores or a drugstore.
You will need the following:
- 4 glasses of boiling-hot water;
- a bar of soap (150 g);
- 1 glass of calcined soda; a glass of borax – sodium tetraborate.
1. Grate soap on a grater.
2. Set water in a saucepan for heating and add the soap chips into it.
3. Stir the mixture, keeping the saucepan on a medium fire, until all the soap dissolves.
4. Pour ten liters of boiling-hot water into a 20-liter bucket, add soapy water, calcined soda and borax.
5. Stir until all the ingredients dissolve. Add boiling-hot water to the top edge of the bucket.
6. Mix, cover with a top and leave for a night. When the soap cooled down, you can add about 30 drops of essential oil as you wish. Oils of lavender, of a rosemary, of a tea tree, etc. will be well suited.
7. Pour soap to containers.
8. For one wash in case of the full loading of a washing machine, use approximately a half glass of the laundry detergent.