How To Make A Bird Feeder
There are many options for making a bird feeder. To make the most simple, but quite interesting bird feeder, you will need a few tools and instructions, in which you will receive the necessary information. Some feeders done quite easily. Let us look at a few options:
A Feeder Made Of Pumpkin
You will need:
- A small pumpkin;
- A twine;
- Small branches;
- Staples (to hold the twine at the bottom of the pumpkin);
- Drill and borers (if necessary).
1. Measure 1/3 of the pumpkin from the top and cut.
2. Get rid of the viscera and make holes for the perches.
3. Insert the branches (sticks) into the holes.
4. Insert the staple into the bottom of the pumpkin and thread the twine through it.
5. If you want to make a roof for the feeder, you need to insert a few sticks into the bottom, on which you can "put on" a third of the cut pumpkin.
* You can make holes in advance using the drill or other tool.
Making A Bottle Feeder
You will need:
- Plastic bottle;
- A thread;
- A pair of scissors or a stationery knife;
- Pliers (if necessary).
1. Cut out the «windows» in the bottle (please refer to Picture) on each side. To make the window, you need to do three cuts, leaving the bottom untouched.
2. Fold the window. If it is difficult, use pliers. You should get a "platform" on which the birds will sit to eat.
3. Remove the bottle cap and use a screwdriver to make a hole in it.
4. Prepare a thread, fold it in half (if necessary, fold in half at the second time) and slip in the hole of the lid. Make a thick knot on the end and screw the lid back.
The last thing to do: hang the feeder and add some food in it.