Everyone has pictures he or she wants to keep forever. These special pictures deserve getting a DIY picture frame. DIY frames can be used as a decoration or as a gift.
1. Cut paperboard to make rectangle of any size.
2. Cut a rectangle of a smaller size in the centre of this rectangle. Its size should be slightly less than the size of the photo.
3. Decorate the frame the way you want it.
Use stickers or paint something on it.
Another option is to paint animals on coloured paper, cut them and glue to the frame.
4. Take one more sheet of paper and cut a rectangle. Its size should be the same as the frame’s.
5. Stick this rectangle to the back of the frame leaving one side unglued so that you could insert a photo.
6. All that is left to do is to insert a photo!
This frame has an outstanding look and is absolutely free because its basic material is magazine pages, literally any magazine will do.
You will need:
1. Take a sheet of thick paper or paperboard of approximately 20x25 cm. Mark a ‘window’ inside each side of which is 5 cm away from the edge. Its size should be around 10x15 cm.
2. Cut the marked ‘window’ with a letter opener.
3. Start rolling the magazine pages as tightly as possible. To prevent it from unrolling, fix it with glue.
4. Take coloured thread and start wrapping the rolled pages with it. Keep on doing so until there are enough of items.
5. When you have enough of decorative items, start bending them in quadrature where appropriate and glue them to the frame.
6. Make a stand out of a piece of paperboard. To hold the photo, cut two paperboard stripes and glue them to the back of the frame.