How To Make A Paracord Keychain
In this article I will tell you how to make an unusual keychain made of five paracords of different colours. The process is extremely easy and does not take much time. Buy five multicoloured paracords - and get to work!
Supplies and tools that you will need:
- 5 paracords of different colours;
1. Take paracords of colours that you like and burn the ends of each of them. It will prevent the inner cord from coming out of the cover, thus easing the process of working with it and tying knots. Take one more cord and tie a knot at its end. This paracord will be a central one; all the others will surround it.
2. Take five multicoloured paracords and join them together using some clip, as shown in the picture. You can also join it with the central one and place all other paracords so that they would surround it, but that is optional. You will understand what we mean quite soon.
3. The following picture shows the knot pattern. Start with some colour and make sure the last cord of the knot is placed above the first one after each cycle.
4. So, as we have already told you, there can be 2 ways to position the central cord. If you didn’t clip it with the rest, just run it into the knot and tie it up. In the pictures you can see two variants of positioning the central paracord: it can either be in the clip from the very beginning or run into the knot after the first cycle.
5. Continue braiding until you get a keychain of the needed length.
6. We’re almost here. At the last stage you can remove the clip, cut the ends and burn them. You can also tie some decorative knot on the central paracord.
7. Our wonderful keychain is complete.