Oatmeal is easy to prepare. It is also a great way to enrich your diet in fiber. You can cook your favorite cereal, making it either sweet or salt, and adding other ingredients, such as nuts, berries, honey or butter. In this article you will learn how to cook different kinds of porridge in many ways.
1. Pour 1 cup (240 mL) of water into saucepan and put it on the fryer. To prepare 1 serving of oatmeal, you need 1 cup (240 mL) of water.
2. Bring the water to the boil. You will get good, solid flakes. If you want to get more cooked porridge, first add the flakes in the water, and then boil it.
3. Add ½ of the glass (40 grams or about 3 tablespoons) of oat flakes in a pan. Add another 40 grams of oat flakes for each serving.
4. Bring the oatmeal to a gentle boil, stirring it frequently. The oatmeal will gradually absorb water and make the porridge thicken.
5. Add toppings and flavors.
6. Cook the oatmeal for another 5 minutes or until you get the desired texture and consistency.
7. Serve the porridge in a deep plate or into a bowl.