How To Cook Meatballs
Meatballs can be made out of different types of meat. Here we suggest cooking meatballs out of elk meat (or beef) in tomato sauce.
- elk meat (beef) – 700 grams;
- frozen spinach – 200 grams;
- onion – 1 pc.;
- carrot – 1 pc.;
- egg – 1 pc.;
- horse radish – 1 tablespoon;
- tomato paste – 2 tablespoons;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- salt – to taste;
- pepper – to taste;
- butter – 100 grams;
- flour for rolling the meat in it;
- water – 500 ml.
Meatballs In Tomato Sauce: Recipe, How To Cook
1. Chop an onion into small pieces, grate a carrot and fry both with butter. If the meat is fatty, you can use less butter.
2. Mince elk meat and garlic in a meat grinder. Add fried vegetables, defrosted spinach, horse radish, egg, salt and pepper to the forcemeat. Mix thoroughly the ingredients.
3. Make small balls out of the forcemeat.
4. Roll the meatballs in flour.
5. Fry the meatballs with vegetable oil from all sides.
6. Place the meatballs in a heat-resistant casserole.
7. Blend tomato paste with water, add salt and pepper. Coat the meatballs with tomato sauce and bake them at 200oC for 30 minutes.
Enjoy your meal!