How To Cook Rabbit
Rabbit is easily baked in the oven, grilled, fried in sauce or braised in sour scream. Today I will tell you how to cook rabbit easily. This recipe can be used by anyone. When you have learned how to cook rabbit using my recipe, you will also be able to braise rabbit in sour cream, milk, cream, fruits or wines.
There are many ways to cook rabbit, and plenty of ingredients to add. Each of them gives some special taste, say, tender or pungent, spicy or creamy.
We will need:
- rabbit (whole rabbit of about 2.5 kg);
- fresh champignons – 800 grams;
- sour cream (farmers rich sour cream) – 400 grams;
- 2 onions;
- powdered pepper and salt, fresh rosemary;
- half a lemon;
How To Cook
1. First, marinate the rabbit. Remove the white substance from the body and put the rabbit in a big bowl filled with cold water. Pour juice of half a lemon into the water and add fresh rosemary. It is recommended to marinate the whole rabbit without cutting into pieces.
2. After you have marinated the rabbit, remove it from the water and cut into big pieces. It’s better not to make small pieces.
3. Take some butter and melt it. Use it to fry garlic, and then remove the latter. Fry the rabbit in the same butter. Use a big frying-pan. You are not to cook the rabbit until done at this stage. All we need is to fry it slightly so that the rabbit would be flavoured with butter and garlic.
Put the rabbit into a cooking pot.
4. Fry onion the butter you used to fry the rabbit. Cut onions into semi-circles. There is no need to fry it, it should merely change its colour and get less zesty. Add the onion to the cooking pot.
5. Stir all the ingredients, add pepper and salt. Put the lid on the pot. There is no need to add water to the mixture. Just cook it over a slow fire. Braise it over a slow fire for an hour.
6. As the rabbit is being braised in the cooking pot, wash and prepare the champignons and cut them in 4 pieces. Do not make the parts too small, since we want their taste to persist. Put the champignons on a heated frying pan. You should not fry it - we need only to remove excess of moisture. Remove the water. The key is to dry the champignons. Add a little bit of salt.
7. So, an hour has passed since we started braising the rabbit. It is time to put it into a casserole for further baking. Add champignons and stir the ingredients.
8. Take some sour cream and blend it with the juice that we got from braising the rabbit. Add powdered pepper, salt and your favourite spices for meat (optional). Cover the rabbit with this sauce. Put the lid on the casserole and bake it in the oven for an hour.
9. Let it bake for an hour. The dish is ready.