How To Cook Beets
Beets can be served raw or cooked in various forms. If to bake beets before the use, then it becomes sweeter and more delicate. Due to this, such way of cooking beets is very popular. Several methods of how to bake beets are described below.
- 3 beets of average size;
- 1 tablespoonful (15 ml) of olive oil;
- salt and pepper - to your taste.
Cooking Of Beets
1. Wash the beets. Wash it in the running water by means of a brush for vegetables to remove all pieces of dirt.
2. Cut off all leaves and the lower part of each beet.
3. Cut big beets in half.
Baking Of Beets
1. Heat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius). Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Place the beets on the baking sheet. Spread beets on the baking sheet covered with the aluminum foil, providing some distance between these roots. Try to get the distance between beets about 2 inches (5 cm).
3. Pour the beets with olive oil.
4. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
5. Cover the beets with a sheet of aluminum foil. Wrap it in this foil tighter.
6. Bake the beets during 50 - 60 minutes. It is necessary to cook the beets until they become pulpy. You may check readiness by means of a fork, having picked the center of each beet. If your fork slides easily through a beet, then such root is rather pulpy and ready to be eaten. So, in this case it means that your beets must be pulled out from the oven.