How To Cook Carrots
Carrot has long since become a necessary element of a number of dishes. This root vegetable may be of different colour: orange, purple, white or yellow. It has lots of vitamin A. However, you need to keep in mind that some amount of the vitamin may vanish while the vegetable is being cooked. In order to make dishes that include it you may take either small or big carrot. However, this is only on condition that you’ll make everything possible to save its natural sweet taste as much as you can. In this article, you’ll find various ways to cook carrots.
1. Cut carrot in halves. Then, you may either cut it in halves one more time or slit it.
2. Grease it either with butter or oil.
3. Put carrots greased with butter or oil in a special bowl that can be put into oven. You also may put the carrots on a baking tray.
4. Put the carrots into the oven that is heated up to 200 ºC. Fry it till the dish is ready for 20-40 minutes. The time depends on the size of the carrot’s pieces. It is recommended that you turn over the pieces of carrot several times. This way all the pieces will be equally fried.
5. You need to serve the dish together with other fried vegetables.
Various root vegetables, carrots included, are very easy and comfortable to cook on steam. This way the vegetables stay fresh and you manage to keep safe lots of vitamins that they contain. You’d better cook young carrots on steam.
1. Clean it with the help of a brush. Cut off the ends of the carrot. Decide whether you’ll cook it as it is or you’d better cut it into pieces.
2. Put a pottle-steamer inside the saucepan or you may use a saucepan steamer.
3. Put the carrots inside the steamer. Cover it with a cap.
4. Cook carrot till it becomes soft. This will take approximately 10-15 minutes. The time depends on the carrot’s size. Check how well it is cooked each 8 minutes.
5. Serve the dish either hot or warm. Steamed carrots perfectly matches a variety of dishes. You may either serve it separately or take a special set of dishes for it.