How To Cook Brussel Sprouts
Fried brussel sprouts are a good addition for any second course, indeed, as a delicious garnish. It must be a nice thing to partake of such a dish. You can prepare fried brussel sprout with grated lemon rind and oil.
Description Of Preparation:
Brussel sprouts are the crusty garnish which is beneficial to health and suitable for any dish. It could be prepared within minutes. The sprouts should be washed out, cut on parts (if heads are big or average) and fried in a frying pan on olive oil. At the beginning of frying it is necessary to add grated lemon rind, salt and pepper.
- brussel sprouts — 400-500 g;
- garlic — 3-4 cloves;
- a lemon — 1-2 pieces;
- olive oil — 3-4 tablespoonfuls;
- salt — to taste;
- ground black pepper — to taste.
How To Cook
1. Wash out brussel sprouts, tear off faded leaves. If you use brussel sprouts fresh as it grows, cut also leaves. Cut big heads in half.
2. Wash out a lemon, remove its rind. Lemon juice should be squeezed out (don't forget to extract stones!). Peel all garlic and squeeze it out by a masher or cut very small with a knife.
3. Heat oil in a big frying pan on average fire. Firstly fry leaves within 3-4 minutes, stirring slowly, then add heads of brussel sprouts. Stir the mixture so that the cabbage has become covered by olive oil.
4. Add grated lemon rind and the garlic passed through the masher to a frying pan. Stir the mixture again.
5. Continue to fry cabbage with the average heat, periodically stirring slowly until it becomes soft. Brussel sprouts leaves have to become slightly brown at the edges.
6. Add lemon juice, salt, pepper to brussel sprouts. Stir the mixture and remove from fire.
7. Serve fried brussel sprouts in a big platter. Enjoy your meal!