How To Cook A Pig
It’s been long since people of different nations have a tradition to cook a sucking pig. The thing is that the meat of a sucking pig is especially tender, tasty and juicy.
Nowadays the majority of people who live in big cities don’t often have an opportunity to eat this tasty dish. However, if you get such an opportunity, you should necessarily try to cook a sucking pig. By the way, you may cook it in an ordinary oven.
- A sucking pig (2,5-3 kg);
- A bunch of celery;
- 100 ml of red wine;
- 2 tablespoons of mustard seeds;
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar;
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce;
- Olive oil;
- Cinnamon (0,5 of a teaspoon);
- Paprika – 1 teaspoon;
- Black pepper;
- A thimbleful of dry basil;
- A thimbleful of grated nutmeg;
- Pepper and salt (as many as you wish).
The Process Of Cooking
1. In order to cook a sucking pig, first of all, you need to make a marinade that will soak the meat and, therefore, make it juicy, soft and flavored. In order to do it you need to grate in a mortar the peas of black pepper, nutmeg, paprika and cinnamon. You add salt and mustard seeds to the species.
2. We put the grated species into a small bowl and pour red wine, soy sauce and vinegar there.
3. You need to thoroughly mix the mixture you get and leave it to brew. This is the marinade you’ll use to smear the pig.
4. Once you take out all the intestines, you need to wash and dry the pig. From the inside you make small cuts using a sharp knife. However, you shouldn’t pierce it all the way through! You smear the outer and inner sides of the pig thoroughly with the marinade.
5. You need to put a glass bottle or tin of the appropriate size inside the pig. You need to wrap it in a food foil beforehand. This way the pig will keep its form while it’s being cooked in the oven.
6. We put celery in the form for baking or a bowl of the appropriate size. We also put the pig smeared with marinade there and leave it for 40 minutes for the meat to soak with marinade to a good measure.
7. We put the marinaded pig on the baking tray. Then, we put it in the oven for an hour and a half. The temperature should be 180-200 oC. Before putting the pig in the oven, we recommend you thoroughly smear the tail, ears and nose of the pig with butter and wrap them in the foil so that they don’t get burnt a bit.
8. Once the pig is cooked, we take it out of the oven.
You’d better serve the baked pig with fixings. For example, it may be buckwheat porridge mixed with rice, quail eggs and fried onion with rice. Enjoy your meal!