How To Make Hair Gel
Hair gels can be expensive and harmful, but you can protect your health and wallet, making some of these products at home. You can avoid harsh chemicals, artificial flavors and dyes, which are often found in the commercial products.
Creating your own product, you have complete control over the composition. Create a hair gel is a very simple process, and you need only a few ingredients. Just follow these steps and learn how to make a simple gel of gelatin and flax seed.
1. Gather the ingredients.
Making Gel Of Flax Seed
1. Soak the flax seed for overnight. This increases yield, improves quality and shortens the preparation time (this step is optional).
2. Put flax seed in a pot with water and place over high heat and stir occasionally. Add Epsom salt (also optional).
3. When the mixture comes to a boil, stir constantly. Reduce heat to medium, when the consistency begins to form a liquid, foam jelly.
4. When the seeds begin to mass up, and do not sink to the bottom of the pan, turn off the heat and strain the mixture through a sieve into a bowl.
- Note: immediately wash the pan, as it will be much harder to do it later.
5. Once the mixture has cooled slightly, add a preservative (optional). Add all ingredients as desired, for example, essential oils, aloe vera gel and oils.
6. Whisk the mixture, so that the ingredients mix up and the lumps break up. The consistency of the gel should be approximately as in egg whites.
7. Pour the mixture into a container. The gel is now ready to be used. Store in the refrigerator for a maximum shelf life.
Hair Styling With Flax Seed Gel
1. Evenly apply the gel to the hair.
2. Use more product than usual. The hair should be completely saturated and slimy. If you use too little gel, the product will be ineffective.
3. Wait until the hair is completely dry. Do not touch them, but you can use a diffuser hair dryer nozzle. When hair is dry, they will be soft, with curls, but not crunchy or sticky. If you feel stiffness, fluff up the hair a little with your hands.