An oatmeal bath can help you relax and soften your skin. It will be really useful if your skin itches. (For example, if the itching from chickenpox gets worse or if you have a poison sumac rash) It will also be good if your skin is inflamed (as a result of an allergy, insects’ bites or sun burns). An oatmeal perfectly takes care of your skin, softens it and leaves a pleasant aroma. If you get into an oatmeal bath, you won’t want to get out of it. Besides, there are different variants of an oatmeal bath. You can find descriptions for some of them below. In order to get an oatmeal bath ready with your own hands follow the given steps. This bath can soften your skin and make it look better.
1. Measure out approximately 1/3 - 3/4 cup of an oatmeal. The amount depends on the size of your coffee filter.
2. Put the oatmeal in a bowl.
3. In order to get rid of balls that appeared meanwhile you kept it somewhere crush the oatmeal with a spoon.
4. If you wish, you may add various ingredients to the oatmeal. If you want to take a bath in order to relax. don’t be afraid of adding other various ingredients. If you want to take a bath in order to cure your skin of inflammation, rush or itch, you’d better refrain from various additives and use them very carefully. The reason is because you may get a vice-versa effect, your condition may get worse. Pay attention to the following additives.
5. Put the mixture into either a coffee filter or a piece of gauze with the help of a spoon. In our video we use filters with the size 4. This size allows you to get 8-12 cups of coffee.
6. Run the bath with hot water. If you want to add milk, pour it into the bath under a stream of water.
7. Put a bag with oatmeal/lavender into the bath. Put it not so close to the stream of water. The heat from the cooling down water will help an extract of oatmeal and lavender get into the water.
8. As soon as the temperature of the water gets appropriate for you, get into the bath. As soon as you get into it, you may squeeze the bag a little bit. This way you will squeeze more of oatmeal liquid into the water. Don’t squeeze the bag too tightly or the filter may tear and all its contents will get into the water. Enjoy the bath for as long as you want. However, if you pursue the aim of curing your skin, don’t do it for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, the condition of your kin may get worse.