Creating a volcano model and making it erupt is a funny science experiment that teaches children about chemical reactions. There are several variants of this experiment. You can make a volcano of dough, foam or paper mache. The eruption of the volcano can be made with the help of soda and soda water.
1. Buy 2 liters of soda water.
2. Make a tray of cardboard and cut out the hole in it with the size of a two-liter bottle.
3. Put the bottle in the carton. Cover the bottle with aluminum foil on top.
4. Buy a bottle of insulating foam against cracks. The spray which solidifies after application will be the best variant.
5. Apply the spray around the bottle to make a mountain. Once you build up a base, let it dry.
6. Paint the dried foam when it hardens.
7. Unscrew the cap of the bottle with soda water. Place a small piece of paper on top.
8. Make a cylinder from another sheet of paper. Put there 4 «Mentos» candy dots.
9 Prepare your viewers for the eruption. Quickly remove the paper from the neck of the bottle. The candy dots will drop into the bottle, and the eruption begins.