How To Make A Sled
The winter has come, so driving on the sled time has come! The sled in shop of course has a set of advantages, but it has also a number of shortcomings. These are price, and almost monotonous size and design. The wooden sled is possible to make with one's own hands from the remains of wood and a minimum of fasteners. Besides it is also not difficult at all.
1. On a board, 40 mm thick draw a sidewall of future sledge. At me it has turned out like this.
2. Cut a detail in the area of a marking an electric fret saw.
3. Further, using the cut detail as a template, mark the second sidewall of the sledge.
4. Cut it an electrofret saw, similar to the first detail.
5. Mark width of grooves for insert of laths. Designate a cross of the place of removal of cutting material (future grooves).
6. With a hacksaw gash the marked grooves on sidewalls.
7. After all pro-saws are made, delete cutting material by means of a chisel. There now, grooves are ready!
8. Fix in advance prepared laths in grooves by nails or self-tapping screws.
9. The main design is ready, it is now necessary to create a back. Make a back quite high that will allow to use it as a support when pushing the sledge before itself. As material for a back use laths of 25*40 mm and 90 mm long. The Reiki is fixed at an angle to sidewalls by means of nails, and it is better than self-tapping screws.
10. Strengthen a design from two parties short pieces of laths.
11. Cut cross laths in back sidewalls.
12. Drill of an opening in side laths of a back a feather drill, with a diameter of 25 mm.
13. Establish in advance made cylindrical detail in the drilled openings.
14. Strengthen a back design vertical laths. Drill openings for a rope.
15. Process a surface an emery paper. In total – the sledge is ready. Now it is possible to drive.