If one wants to save on accessories or would like to make a gift to a friend, one can command an interesting hobby – crochet of a beanie. If you are a starter in crocheting, then making of the entire beanie can seem complicated to you. Anyway, when there are simple instructions and a small amount of time, you are able to create a completely new beanie for yourself or your friend.
1. Make a slipknot. The slipknot is the beginning of the crochet, the knot, which will hold the yarn from undoing as long as you needlepoint the workpiece.
2. Create the basis chain. The first chain actually is the first row of stitches, which your needlepoint. Seeing that you needlepoint a beanie, the basis chain will not be long, just five stitches are enough for the beginning. To make the first stitch, keep the tip of the thread with the slipknot and move the crochet ahead so that you would leave much space in the end.
3. Needlepoint circle- wise. In this stage, you need to needlepoint in a small circle – the base of your beanie. To needlepoint circle- wise, you need to finish the first row and then combine it into a loop with the help of the crochet. Insert the crochet into the center of the first stitch and make an ordinary stitch. When you pass the crochet through a stitch, needlepoint the second row, which is above the first one in a spiral.
4. Make the second row, using a double stitch. Since this point, use double stitches for the beanie crocheting. This will help to add new rows of stitches in a spiral, in the middle of the beanie, which will ultimately help you not to create spaces in rows. To make a double stitch, begin with passing the crochet into an ordinary stitch. Pass the crochet through the stitch and over the row or close to it (connected to the spiral). Now, two stitches must be found on the crochet.
5. Mark the beginning of the workpiece crocheting. While crocheting, count stitches. To do this, one need to know, where is the beginning of each row. There are two methods to mark the start point: tie a braid bit around the first stitch of the second row or attach a pin to it. Coming back to this stitch every time in a new row, one will know that the entire circle of stitches is completed.
6. Study the end of the instructions. As soon as the basic circle is finished, the scheme of crocheting should be changed a little. In every row of stitches, start with making of a double stitch, then make a single stitch, then again a double stitch and again a single stitch, the alternation in this way continues until the circle is completed.
7. Continue to needlepoint the beanie. First rows are very easy, but, the farther you needlepoint, the more important the counting of stitches becomes. A double stitch is counted as two stitches, while a single stitch- as the one. For example, if one makes a row from five stitches, it will consist of one double stitch, one single stitch and one more double stitch. It is said below, how many stitches there should be:
8. Completion of the beanie crocheting. To finish the beanie, one should needlepoint an additional row of single stitches. It will add length to the beanie and the formation of a broader form will be prevented.