How To Cook Steak
Steak is the most popular meat dish which is loved around the world. Nevertheless, very often any dish with roasted or fried solid piece of meat is wrongly also called so. To prepare a steak correctly, it is necessary to follow several rules. Only in this way you will be manage to prepare the real steak and to enjoy its original and incomparable taste. Actually, you will also learn secrets of the right steak cooking from this very article.
Steaks From The Loin – Striploin With Espresso Sauce
For 4 helpings:
- 4 beef steaks from the loin, 300-350 g and 2, 5 cm each. Excess fat must be cut off;
- 2 tablespoonfuls of olive oil;
- ¾ of teaspoonful of coarse-grained sea salt;
- ¾ of teaspoonful of ground black pepper.
- 1 tablespoonful of butter;
- 2 teaspoonfuls of fine cut shallot onions;
- 1 garlic clove squeezed out by a masher;
- 120 ml of ketchup;
- 4 tablespoonfuls of strong natural coffee or espresso;
- 1 tablespoonful of balsam vinegar;
- 1 tablespoonful of brown sugar;
- 2 teaspoonfuls of ground chile ancho.
1. For sauce melt butter in a small pan on average fire. Put shallot onions and brown mixture, often stirring it slowly, during 3 minutes to transparency. Add garlic and brown one more minute. Put the remaining ingredients in the pan, heat sauce to boiling and lower the fire. Stew your sauce on a low heat often stir it slowly during 10 minutes so that it has become denser. Then remove it from fire and cool down.
2. Oil your steaks on both sides with olive oil so that they haven't stuck to a lattice. Then salt and pepper them. Meat would be thoroughly imbued with spices, owing to oil. Leave then your steaks at the room temperature for 20–30 minutes.
3. Prepare your grill for using in the mode of direct strong heat. Clear the grill lattice by a special brush. Spread steaks over the lattice diagonally, at an angle of 45°. Cook meat under a cover in the mode of strong heat.
4. Two minutes later pick the meat up by special nippers. Don’t make it by a fork! Turn steaks at an angle of 90°, close the cover and cook the meat in the mode of strong heat during 1-2 more minutes.
5. Turn the steaks over. You will see that a fine crosswise pattern has appeared on their one side. Fry to desirable degree of preparedness (a delicate frying should have been lasting during 6–8 minutes, while meat keeps bright pink inside). According to your preferences, you can make the same pattern on the other side of the steaks.
6. Remove steaks from the grill and leave them for 3–5 minutes. During this time the internal temperature of meat still increases (approximately by 2 °C), and meat juice is distributed inside the steaks more evenly.
7. Serve this dish with the sauce.