How To Cook Corn Tortillas
Soft and tender corn Mexican tortillas can be a great base for rolls, burrito, fajitas, tacos etc. But it is good not only for salty dishes. Sweet dishes with Nutella or peanut butter are great with corn tortillas too.
- Cornflour 3 cups.
- Salt 1 tsp
- Baking powder 0,5 tsp
- Canola oil 0,5 cup.
- Water 1 glass.
1. Mix flour with salt, baking powder and canola oil and add hot water.
2. Knead the dough until it’s plastic. Flour the surface beforehand.
3. Form a small ball, put it into a bowl, cover it with a towel, and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
4. Cut the dough in 8-12 pieces.
5. Make balls of each piece and flatten them with your hand a little.
6. Then flatten them thin.
7. Heat the pan without oil.
8. Fry the tortillas for 10-20 seconds each side.
9. Store them wrapped in a towel in the fridge. You can warm them up any time.