Cooking black beans (also known as dolichos and Egyptian black beans) can take much time, but these flavorful beans are worth it! All you will need to cook these delicious beans is a suitable saucepan, water, and clearly, black beans themselves.
1. Sort the beans out and remove rocks, damaged beans or any other foreign pieces.
2. Soak the dried beans in cold water.
3. Rinse the beans. Having rinsed the beans after soaking, put them into a large saucepan or a cauldron with a thick bottom.
1. Add water in the saucepan or cauldron. You must add enough water to cover the beans with about 3-4 cm thick layer of water. Put the saucepan on medium heat.
2. Boil the beans.
3. Lower heat to minimum and leave it to cook. Water must be boiling so slow you can barely see it move.
4. Check if the beans are ready from time to time.