How To Cook Baked Potatoes
Many people believe, that perfectly baked potatoes must be crispy outside and soft and loose inside. But cooking of baked potatoes in this way, requires a special process and the means of cooking so that the skin would be crisp. The cooking of proper baked potatoes also requires time; you can cook potatoes quickly in a microwave oven, but the skin will not be crisp. It is shown below how one can cook baked potatoes with a crispy skin.
1. Select the correct kind of potatoes.
2. Cook potatoes.
- Potatoes should always be washed before the beginning of a cooking process. Wash potatoes in flowing water and use a brush, if there is dirt, which is hard to remove. Then dry the potatoes with paper towels.
- Pierce potatoes several times with a fork to let the steam out. Then cover potatoes with a thin layer of olive oil. Oil will not be kept on potatoes, if they are wet or moist. Pour over salt and pepper on potatoes.
3. Bake potatoes. Baked potatoes will come crispy, when they are baked on a strong fire. Make an oven up to 200 ºC. Put potatoes on a baking tray or into a shallow saucepan to avoid their touching. Bake them during about 45-75 minutes depending on potatoes` size.
4. Check potatoes. Pull potatoes carefully from the oven.
5. Cool potatoes, then you can eat them.