DIY Easter cake!
Easter holiday is almost here and special cake just should be at the table! How to make it handmade, from good ingredients and with warmth of your hands. Here’s two options: they may be not ordinary, but really delicious. And of course everything made handmade has it’s own power! These are my favorite recipes, so I’m happy to share them with you!
Cheese Easter kulich
You will need:
• Curd (cheese) - 1 kg,
• Butter - 100 g,
• Condensed milk - 2 cans,
• Dried apricots - 500 g,
• Almonds - 250 g,
• Ground cinnamon - 1 pinch.
Step-by-step preparation of curd cake:
1. Boil condensed milk (in cans) for 1,5 hours or take ready ones. Soak dried apricots and separate almonds in boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove peel from almonds and dry them in a dry frying pan.
2. Cottage cheese mix with a blender or wipe through a sieve. Add the softened butter and boiled condensed milk and stir again, with the same blender.
3. Cut the almonds finely, cut the dried apricots into narrow strips and add everything to the cottage cheese mass.
4. Prepare the form. The walls of the form should be covered with gauze. Put the curd mass there. And put in the refrigerator for two days.
Kulich with candies
• Milk - 400 ml,
• Natural yogurt - 100 g,
• Dry yeast - 10 g,
• Wheat flour - 1-1.3 kg,
• Eggs - 6 pieces,
• Butter - 200 g,
• Sugar - 200 g,
• Raisins - 200 g,
• Vanilla sugar - 1 sachet,
• Candies brandy - 5 pcs.
Step-by-step preparation of a cake:
1. Boil milk, dissolve in it yeast and add some sugar, a spoon of flour. After 10 minutes, add the yoghurt, half of flour amount, stir well. Put in a warm place. Cover with a towel.
2. Separate the proteins from the yolks. Yolks grind with sugar, sweets (mash them before) and vanilla sugar. Whip the whites with a pinch of salt into the foam.
3. Add the yolks to the spoon, mix it. Then add the softened oil, mix. Add protein, mix. Add the remaining flour.
4. Dough for Easter cakes should be well kneaded, it should not be very steep. Put the dough again in a warm place for 50-60 minutes.
5. Soak raisins in warm water for 10-15 minutes, then drain all the water. In the dough that comes up, add the raisins, stir. Put the dough into greased forms.
6. Put in the preheated to 100 degrees oven, bake Easter cake for 10 minutes.
7. Then increase the temperature to 180 degrees, bake until cooked.
8. To check the cake's readiness, pierce it with a match (or toothpick), if it's dry-the Easter cake is ready.
Have a very happy Easter and enjoy your cakes!