How To Make A Hot Air Balloon
In this article, you will learn how to make paper mache from the air balloon. The child will receive a lot of emotions and impressions from the process, and then he will be able to play independently with this craft.
You will need:
- Hand cream;
- A box of tea bags;
- Colored paper;
- PVA glue;
- The newspaper;
- Brush for glue;
- A water tank;
- Gouache paint;
- Brush for paints;
- Wire or thread.
1. Take the newspaper or any paper, but not thick. Tear it into pieces, which are then dipped in a water tank.
2. Take a balloon of any color. Inflate it and lubricate it with hand cream.
3. Put the soaked pieces of the newspaper on the hand cream layer. Do it without glue and along all the surface of the ball, so that there are no gaps. Only a small area near the tail of the ball is not pasted.
4. Now cover the whole ball with glue and lay the next layer of paper. Repeat the process for 3 or 4 times.
5. Let the ball become dry, preferably near the heat source. It will take about two hours.
6. During the drying process, let us make a basket for the balloon. Take a box pack from tea bags, cut off its cap and cover the entire surface with colored paper. You can also cover or paint the interior of the box with gouache paint.
7. When our balloon is completely dry (all layers of the paper should be thick), blot it with the mixture of gouache and glue. Let the child choose the color of the ball.
8. After that, gently pierce the ball - it will come off from newspapers inside.
9. The resulting ball can be decorated with colored stripes, or you can leave it with the same color.
10. Now put the basket to the ball.
Such a creative balloon can be hung to a chandelier or on a ledge in the children’s room. If it is warm outside and there are trees in your yard, you can make a parade of balloons of various colors and sizes. Even your neighbors will not remain indifferent!