Sweet potatoes are sweeter and, to some extent, healthier than regular potatoes. You can cook them using the same methods you use to cook regular potatoes. Sweet potatoes can be boiled, baked in the oven or microwave. For a more delicate taste, you can mash sweet potatoes.
1. Prepare the ingredients.
To bake potatoes in the oven you will need:
2. Preheat the oven to 208 °C. Cover a deep baking sheet with nonstick food foil.
3. Carefully peel the potatoes. Use a brush for vegetables and running water to remove dirt off the sweet potatoes’ skin.
4. Pierce the skin of each potato. Use the tines of a fork to make three or four holes in the skin of each potato. Put the pierced sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake sweet potatoes in the oven, not covering them. Sweet potatoes should be cooked until they become tender, which usually takes 45-60 minutes.
6. Soften the flesh of each potato. Wrap each potato in a clean kitchen towel. Roll on the table, slightly pressing it. Doing so you will soften the potatoes’ flesh.
7. Cut the sweet potatoes. With a knife make a long incision from one edge to the other of each potato.
8. Serve the hot sweet potatoes with butter, salt and pepper.