In this article I would like to describe how to prepare the authentic Portuguese custard tarts with a crisp pastry. The recipe of this pastry was founded in Lisbon in 18th century. Enjoy the delicate flavor of these cakes at home.
150 g sour cream
A pinch of clove
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 tablespoons sugar
Also you will need:
a sharp knife
a form for muffins
a deep bowl
a small saucepan
a chopping board
1. Thaw and roll out 375 g of ready-made puff pastry. Divide on two parts. You should get two pieces about 20x20 cm.
2. Sprinkle with harvesting cinnamon and roll in roll, divide the roll on six equal parts.
3. Place every piece of cinnamon dough in a form for muffins.
4. Carefully push the batter to form the tortillas. Pull the edges outwards to form the beautiful edges.
5. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, place the back of the work-piece for cakes and bake for eight-ten minutes.
6. Time to prepare the cream! Remove the zest from orange and squeeze the juice in a bowl.
7. Carefully stir the sour cream, mix with sugar and an orange zest.
8. When baking time is over, remove the fragrant lush work-pieces from the oven. Lightly flatten the cakes in the center with a convex side of teaspoon.
9. Cream should be divided between mini-cakes. After you fill the mini-cakes with the cream, return the work-pieces back into the oven and bake for eight minutes.
10. Caramel may be a good addition for decoration of the cakes. Combine orange juice and four tablespoons of sugar in a small saucepan. Cook caramel over middle heat for six-eight minutes.
Pour the cakes with caramel. Serve the cakes warm for the best taste.
Picture for this article is taken from: http://leitesculinaria.com/