Mankind has been using a duct tape or Scotch tape for a lot of decades. The Scotch tape can be used in a variety of situations thus making our everyday life more comfortable. We can create a lot of useful things out of a duct tape. For example, what can be more useful than a good wallet? Having read this article, you’ll find out how to make a folding wallet with 4 sections out of a duct tape.
1. First, you need to cut 4 strips out of the duct tape. Each of the strips should be 25,4 cm in length (10 inches).
2. The strips should be put on a smooth surface with their adhesive side up.
3. Next, we need to fold the strips together so that they superimpose each other for approximately 1 – 1,5 cm (half of an inch). Try folding the strips neatly so that their edges match each other.
4. Cut 4 more strips out of the duct tape. The strips should also be 25,4 cm in length (10 inches). Fold them the same way.
5. Fold the created sheets of the tape together. As a result, you’ll have 1 thick duct tape sheet.
6. If necessary, we cut off the uneven edges with scissors.
7. Fold the sheet in two and then straighten it. After that, again fold the sheet in two but perpendicularly. As a result, you’ll have a figure that will look like a wallet.
8. Cut a 10,2 cm (4 inches) strip out of the duct tape and cut it up in 2 halves. With these halves it is necessary to glue together the edges of the wallet.
9. Cut two more strips out of the duct tape. Each of the strips should be 45,7 cm in length (18 inches). Fold the adhesive sides of the strips together.
10. Cut one more strip out of the duct tape. It should be 45,7 cm in length (18 inches). Cut it up along in two halves. As a result, you’ll have 2 thin strips, each of them is 45,7 cm (18 inches) in length.
11. With these strips it is necessary to glue the long edges of a wide duct tape strip, which is 45,7 cm (18 inches) in length.
12. Using you credit card, cut the given strip up in 4 rectangles. Each of the rectangles should be a little bit bigger than your card. These rectangles will be the sections of your wallet. The rectangles should be wider and longer than your credit card on 2,5 cm (1 inch).
13. After that, it is necessary to glue 2 rectangles on the inner side (slew) of the wallet. Make sure that you credit card can be easily put in these segments and that the edges of the segments are within the surface of the wallet. The bottom of each segment (rectangle) should be glued with the duct tape to the wallet.
14. Cut 1 strip out of the duct tape, The strip should be 10,2 cm (4 inches) in length. Then it is necessary to cut the strip up in two. Glue these two strips from the inner edges of the wallet’s both sides. By doing so you’ll fasten 2 pockets to the wallet. There will be 1 pocket (segment) on the both sides of the wallet.
15. Following the same instruction, glue 2 more rectangles to the second inner side of the wallet.
16. Put your money and credit cards into the wallet. Here it is!
17. Your wallet is ready.